Gripes & Graplings

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

General Grappling

Tonight marks the end of ten days of peace. My youngest child has been in Norway but is returning tomorrow, with oldest daughter (middle child) in tow. Noisy music will once again be heard throughout the homestead.

I've too much work to do. I know that's better than not having enough and that I shouldn't moan but bugger it all, I want to moan. Right now it feels good.

Am writing a romantic novel [ducks to avoid flying custard tarts]. Am also enjoying it. It's.... wait for it.... a Mills & Boon! [ducks to avoid flying turds]. Look, I'm gonna say this once and only once. If you haven't read one, don't knock 'em, right? My grandad always said, "if you don't know what you're talking about then keep your gob shut" and that's what I'm repeating to you.

Am getting a new kitchen soon. This is a good thing. Am also getting new interior doors. This is also a good thing.

Am writing my memoirs here. Mostly rubbish because that's what I tend to remember.

That's it.

~~+~~

4 Comments:

  • I've thought about having a go at a Mills & Boon. I know a girl who bats one out every 6 months or so and has some rather fabulous holidays as a result. I just never seem to get round to it. And I'm probably far too cynical anyway x

    By Blogger Cherrypie, at 24/7/06 21:49  

  • Hmmm...every 6 months? Usually tied to 4 a year. You wouldn't catch me doing it, too much like hard work. It's a tough old discipline.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25/7/06 16:55  

  • Richard's right, they're very strict about what they will and won't accept so 'batting them out' makes it sound far too easy. I have a friend who's Mills & Boon's most prolific writer (she's written 165 books for them) and believe me, she works hard for her living!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/7/06 23:52  

  • I didn't intend for that last comment to be as flippant as it obviously came across.

    Hope you get your connection problems sorted soon. All this tinterweb stuff is nothing short of miraculous and incomprehensible to me

    By Blogger Cherrypie, at 28/7/06 20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home