Gripes & Graplings

Friday, May 05, 2006

Lady Muck Comes of Age

The world now has more female millionaires under the age of 45 than there are male millionaires of the same age, and it's predicted that within twenty years women will control 60 percent of the world's finances. Take a look at this article for more on the subject.

How does that make you feel, guys? I spent 10 years living with a man who found it very difficult to accept that women were even part of management let alone actually running their own businesses, because strong women threatened his leadership position, both in the workplace and in the home. It's hardly surprising I left him, is it?

I particularly liked the last part of the article - the bit relating to the red sports car. How true that is! I admit I have my eye on an Audi TT but that's hardly a Maserati, is it?

And for the record, even though I'm too late to be one of the under-45s, I have every intention of becoming a female millionaire. I just have to figure out how first.


Related Link: Identified Wealth of Individuals in The United Kingdom (pdf)

~~+~~

Female Millionaires

6 Comments:

  • WARNING - SENSIBLE REPLY
    As I get older it has slowly dawned on me that I am crap at making money. I used to think I would get it together one day but now I have pretty much given up. My Mrs earns the money. It was a bit weird at first - kind of humbling/humiliating, but I've got used to it.
    I do think woman are more together than men at the important stuff - if we weren't physically stronger they would obviously rule the world.

    By Blogger tom909, at 5/5/06 18:25  

  • I agree, but don't you think it would have been much nicer if you'd made us a cup of tea and some cake when you told us that?

    By Blogger Vicus Scurra, at 5/5/06 18:41  

  • Makes me feel I can go out and order the Jag.

    uwmpit. Sweaty bit at the top of your uwm.

    By Blogger Richard, at 5/5/06 22:33  

  • Haven't got anything to add (as if that has ever stopped me), just liked the comment verification.

    Onoan - being discovered in the act of self abuse.

    By Blogger Vicus Scurra, at 6/5/06 07:36  

  • Err... I'm not a millionaire yet y'know. A fiver's a lot of money when you fancy fish n' chips and all you find in the bottom of your bag is a pound coin and an old button.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/5/06 12:06  

  • I'm intending to be a millionaire one day too Sharon, just need to figure it out. If I do, I'll send you a mail message. We women like to network you know.

    oh yeah, I missed the '45' deadline too. oh well.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 10/5/06 22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home