Gripes & Graplings

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Don't You Need To Know The Alphabet To Write A Book?

There's a new book scheduled to hit the shelves this autumn and guess who's written it? Victoria--"I've never read a book"--Beckham!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the knowledge of how books work one of the basic requirements of writing one? I mean, surely Victoria Beckham writing a book would be like me walking into a recording studio and whacking out a number one, wouldn't it? Mind you, she isn't capable of that either and she's a star! How??? The woman has admitted to never having read a book and yet... [sigh]

The book's about fashion (now didn't that surprise you?) and will undoubtedly make her lots of money, or at least the kind of money most of us would call lots. I doubt it'll even make a noticeable difference to Victoria's bank account, though. When you can afford to buy your partner a car that costs more than the average house and your son a pair of earrings that cost more than I've spent on all my three children's birthdays throughout their entire lives, you're not exactly hard up for a bob or two.

Oh well, back to writing my book and hoping I'll still have enough money at the end of the month to pay the council tax.

Jealous? Me? Never!


Related Link:
Victorian Beckham Has Never Read A Book

~~+~~

5 Comments:

  • A bit of a bad day vis-a-vis progress on the novel, or have I missed my guess?

    By Blogger Vicus Scurra, at 30/3/06 22:55  

  • Bad day? I'll have you know I've been steaming ahead with 349 words written today! At that rate I'll have my novel finished by...hmmm...too many numbers to add up. A long time anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31/3/06 02:31  

  • meow!!! :-)

    its funny what 'celebrities' can get done just by having a bit of money, connections, and the glitz factor that the rest of us lack.

    When your book is ready, I'll read it. Let me know. Even if I'm 110, I'm sure one of my grandchildren will read it to me. hahahah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/4/06 17:01  

  • I don't know about you but I'll probably be 110 by the time I get anything published! Oh to have faith in oneself, eh? Meow? I've no idea what you mean, I'm sure ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/4/06 01:14  

  • Cherry atop Nelson's column! Now there would be a sight for sore eyes! LOL. You'd sure as hell get your five minutes!

    Swap with her? There's about as much chance of that as my pet rat surviving a night alone with next door's cat. I wouldn't say no to one of her millions though. I'm not greedy...I don't need 50 of 'em!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/4/06 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home